The Sultry Vixen Miss Sheena Wilbow

By Cruising With Honey - 14:02



Every single time I hear this sultry vixen sing, I get goosebumps all over my body.

She’s the epitome of class and style, with a good dash of sass in the mix.

And humble. It’s pretty rare in the music biz to come across an artist who seamlessly exudes both star-quality and girl-next-door down-to-Earth-ness, but this gorgeous gal does effortlessness.

Let me present, my sweet, darling friend/sister/queen, Sheena Wilbow.



Name: Sheena Wilbow
Title: Singer
Current act/band name: Sheena Wilbow Quartet
Current ship: Pacific Aria 

When and why did you first become interested in performing at sea? 
I have always wanted to do it! I just didn’t have the time or right living circumstances to just go away for work.


Had you cruised before? If not, what was your first impression? 
The first time I worked on a P&O ship was my first time on a ship.


How is performing on a cruise ship different to performing on land?
The only difference is having to find your sea legs in heels! It is so hard to move around on stage while the ship is rocking from side to side. It is great to not have to travel far to get to work! Literally a two minute walk to the stage hehehe.




What are Australian audiences like? Would you consider other cruiselines?
Growing up in Australia means I understand the culture and unique sense of humour. This is perfect for patter between songs to engage everyone!

I would also love to experience other cruiselines for a different experience.


What do you enjoy most about being at sea? Anything you dislike?
I love being paid to be on a holiday! Visiting some of the most beautiful locations, while getting to perform most days is an absolute treat.


How many cruises have you completed? How many do you have left?
I began cruising in October 2016 and have completed around 1-2 per month. I have 3 booked in for now and I cannot wait!


Longest number of days at sea? Do you get sea sick? What are your living quarters/cabin like?
I think three weeks was the longest at a time. I did get off for half a day and embark straight away haha. I definitely got sick a couple of times, but that may have been the alcohol 😉

The cabin's are small, so you have to pack light! But it's your perfect cocoon for writing AND sleeping during sea days.




Performing in high swells must be a challenge. Can you share a funny/scary story?
Ohhhhhhhh yes!!! I was on the top deck of the Pacific Jewel, for an afternoon set in front of the pools. Singing away and ended up face planting with my dress over my head! At least the band had a good view, right??!


Favourite port or destination?
ISLE OF PINES!!!!! Oh wow. This place took my breath away and made me want to cruise all the time. The most amazing water I have ever been in.


What are the biggest misconceptions cruisers have about cruising and cruise entertainers?
That we are bionic. I think people forget that we are JUST human beings doing our jobs too. They forget that we are not jukeboxes and that a lot of time goes into preparing enough suitable tunes to target an audience we have never seen or met.


Would you recommend other artists to experience performing on a ship?  
Yes, of course. If you get sea sick, suck it up and take some Travelcalm.


Favourite ship?
My favourite ship is the Pacific Jewel. It is nice and big!


Have any of your family or friends cruised while you were on board? What was their reaction?
Not yet, my dad will be joining one with me later this year. I am looking forward to this.



How would you describe the quality of entertainment in ships in general?
The ships I have been on have all had very entertaining acts. They are always professional and engage their audiences. No one will be disappointed.

How often do you perform? Rehearse? Do you have a favourite show/time of day to perform?
On the smaller ships, it is usually three sets of 45mins every six out of seven days. Because we are only on usually for about one week at a time, we usually prepare BEFORE we leave. It is not a good idea to sing unless performing on the ships, just in order to save stamina.


What do you enjoy doing on your days off? Do you get to enjoy port days?
Yes, that is the whole point haha! Use the pools, spa, gym, eat, drink, enjoy ports. It is definitely a paid holiday.


Do you enjoy the buffet? How do you stay fit?
It is all about self-control and exercising. The top deck is great when there is nice weather, just to go for a run or do some yoga.


Any advice? Tips?
PACK WARM CLOTHES! Even if it is going to be a hot cruise. The aircon is freezing most the time.

Bring natural sea sickness pills (ginger).

Bring spare outfits.

HAVE FUN!


Final thoughts?
I wouldn't trade what I do for anything. I absolutely love performing on cruises and enjoy all the perks that come with it.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments