Oh yes we MexiCAN!

By Cruising With Honey - 23:15

I almost didn't go for my eyebrow threading today.

You see, when most people think Mexican dress-up party, most people think about sombreros, mariachi bands and maracas. I am not 'most people'. I thought about eyebrows, Frida Kahlo's to be exact. ACTUALLY, to be perfectly precise, I thought about her eyebrow. Singular.

Anyway, while I could pull off some bushy brows, there's no way I could pull off the elegance. Somehow, I'd end up looking like a bag-lady, covered in a granny shawl and a bird's nest in my hair. So I went for my threading.

As I sat there getting my stray hairs yanked out by their tiny yet feisty roots (how can an innocent looking piece of string cause so much pain?), a fabulous idea entered my brain. How about  I go as cactus? Who DOESN'T like cactus? It's not demanding (no watering needed), a gorgeous colour and best of all has the cutest little spikes ALL OVER. I mean, irresistible right?

But then I remembered, this is ME we are talking about. If I attempted this look, I'd end up resembling the Incredible Hulk who'd rolled around in a sewing kit or a giant, green condom.

With a sigh, I headed to the local variety store and picked up some cheap colourful sombreros and stick on mustaches. Sigh.


N.B I still have TWO days, so I might think of a better idea.
Any one have any suggestions?




There was some confusion as to what the Theme Night would be for this cruise. Originally, it was an Island/Caribbean night then a flyer was splashed out on Carnival's Facebook pages in regards to Theme Night changes from August. HOWEVER, the fine print stated the changes would be from 18th August. It was rather confusing. So, I jumped on the blower and called Carnival. Leo, the lovely young man who answered, confirmed it was definitely MEXICAN NIGHT. The poor guy sounded a little exasperated as he had answered many calls over the last day asking the same question. As I'm nosey, I found out Leo and I were both born in 1976 (the best year, naturally) and his 40th birthday is this THURSDAY!

Leo, if you're reading this, THANK YOU for your patience and HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I will have a drink in your honour aboard the Spirit, toasting you long life and health!

So there you have it. Mexican theme night. My challenge to those who are going to be on the cruise, is to be as INVENTIVE as possible. I'll buy a shot of tequila for the costume that makes me laugh the most.

OLÉ

P.S There better be some nachos and tacos at the party!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments