P&O

I am now offically a 'celebrity'

By Cruising With Honey - 19:32


 

Coffee on Cruises  

P&O Australia

Coffee at sea seems to divide cruisers; with some absolutely loving it a latte and others not even willing to give it a shot.

I know for a fact that many cruise lines have invested a lot of time, research and training to get the perfect cup of Joe for Australian cruisers. If you didn’t know, us Aussies have a bit of a reputation for being coffee snobs (and I say that as a compliment).

“But what does this have to do with you, Honey,” I hear you all ask.

I won’t keep you in suspense any longer. You all know me as an amazing cruise blogger, a pretty average bass player and a terrible dancer, but from next Monday, 10 December, I will also be known from then and forever more as: 

‘Celebrity’ Guest Judge for P&O’s Barista Competition.


“Well, what does-cinno about coffee?” I hear you also ask.

I drink it to survive. I’m a mum of three. #CoffeeIsLife

Did any of you know about this competition? I didn’t until Director, Guest Experience, Food and Beverage for P&O Simon Blacoe reached out and wondered if I wanted to get caffeinated (and in fact 18 times over). Of course I said yes, I’d never turn down such a great perk.

Apparently, I’ll be tasting all the brewtiful coffee creations made by the baristas, and also giving out blue ribbons (I just made that part up). I’m absolutely frothing with excitement and I can’t espresso how honoured I am to be asked to be the guest judge. And before you ask, yes, I have warned Simon that I might percolating up and down the stairs of the atrium and bouncing around the decks post-comp.

I asked Simon to elaborate about the coffee aboard the P&O fleet. 

"P&O Australia, with their long standing partnership with Nestle, the investment and focus from both teams, simply has a better understanding of the Australian guests and their expectation of what a ‘great coffee’ really means."

He also added these points:

  • “P&O is in their 17th year in partnership with Nestle. Nestle consistently brings a great product along with a fantastic training package whereby their trainers board our ships (over 160 visits per year) ensuring that our baristas are trained appropriately. 
  • There are espresso coffees in more than 60% of bars and lounges on board.
  • One of the top three reasons people return to P&O is because of the standard of coffee and the friendliness of the team that serve them.
  • Over two million coffees a year are served to our Australian guests.
  • We focus on our quality and standard of service of our coffee just as much as we do on our cocktails and restaurant menus.
  • Only one person per ship is allowed to touch / adjust the grinders on board and they're checked twice daily.
  • If there are any technical issues, Nestle will send out technicians regardless of where the ships are in order to fix the problems.
  • We're now opening a coffee shop just for our crew.
  • Many of our managers and crew who live across the globe often cannot wait to return to the ship just to get a good cup of coffee.” 
Don’t afforgato tune into my Livestreams on Monday, 10 December on my Faceboook page and parti-sip-ate in all the fun.

Barista Competition aboard Pacific Eden 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments