South Pacific Cruise - Day 5 (Part 2)

By Cruising With Honey - 17:49




Almost a month ago, I purchased my White or Bianco party outfit. A gorgeous one-shoulder, linen jumpsuit. However, I hadn’t taken into account on two things: 1) Sunburn and 2) non-stop eating and drinking for 5 days straight.

After washing off the sand, I gingerly stepped into my jumpsuit, ouch-ouch-ouched it over my stinging skin. Thank God there was only one shoulder strap.  Taking a sigh of relief, it was time to zip up. Sucking in my guts, I twisted and grunted and (after breaking a sweat) fandangled the dang zip about half way up. The kids and hubby were waiting impatiently at Dragon Lady. What to do? The idea to knock on my lovebird neighbour’s door crossed my mind, but I quickly dismissed the thought. Could you imagine their reaction if the person who pooped their party appeared at their door, in a state of semi undress?

So, I walked out of my cabin, hoping to cross the ship with an undone zip without scarring too many people.  (I did mange to harangue a lovely woman in the lift to finish dressing me!)

Dinner at Dragon Lady was delicious, and we were fortunate to try the other menu (Angelo’s and Dragon Lady change their menus every three days). However, my dining companions were suffering from a combination of sunburn and lack of sleep and the mood was a little quiet.


Once dinner concluded, we headed to the Meet the Officers cocktail party in the Blue Room.  Not only did I get to see Captain Gavin Pears again (who has a very strong handshake and a charismatic air), but also Hotel Director Melissa, F&B Director Martin and many other officers. I just love those uniforms.

While I wanted to stay up and party into the white (see what I did there?), the family piked out. Eden and I did take a quick walk around the deck.


Tomorrow was Isle of Pines, and I fell asleep crossing my fingers that the weather would remain kind. If we missed this port, I’d be utterly devastated.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments