MSC Euribia - Master of the Sea

By Cruising With Honey - 16:34

MSC Euribia

 

MSC Euribia  - 7-night cruise through Norway


Norway is as different to Australia as Vikings are to Kangaroos, but when I received the invitation to cruise with MSC on their newest and most sustainable ship, Euribia, it took me about one-hundredth of a second to shout YES!


Here’s why:


Itinerary


Northern Europe and Scandinavia has always been a “if I get there one day, but it feels so foreign” kind of a destination. However, cruising the Fjords and being immersed and surrounded by the undeniable and enthralling nature will be a surreal experience. I have cruised the New Zealand fjords and seem glaciers in Antarctica and Alaska, but I imagine Norway will be something completely different.


Sustainability

I know cruising sometimes gets a bad wrap when it comes to sustainability and the impact on the environment. Now, before I go on to explain further, look at the hashtag on the below pic.




#savethesea


Learn more here

The vision for this ship, Euribia – which is named after the ancient Greek goddess Eurybia who harnessed the winds, weather and constellations to master the sea – is to deploy state-of-the-art sustainable technologies to protect and preserve the precious marine ecosystem.

Having had the pleasure to cruise on World Europa last year and learn about the incredible headways MSC is doing to protect the environment, I’m excited to see these in practice in one of the most pristine places on Earth.


Euribia, which was launched in June this year, has just publicised insights that revealed that they have successfully achieved a landmark net-zero GHG emission, the maiden voyage from Saint Nazaire, France to Copenhagen, Denmark, between 3 and 8 June 2023. Pretty dang impressive.


The ship



From the cabins, to the food, entertainment, drinks, spa, water park, everything, EVERYTHING looks incredible. I can’t wait to jump on board and try everything.


Make sure you follow my adventure on all my socials Facebook and Instagram



Norway, here I come!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments