The countdown is on. Carnival Spirit here we come!

By Cruising With Honey - 13:25


I'm turning the big 4 - OH!

Yes, I am as surprised as all of you that I haven't accidentally killed myself by falling off a cliff into a burning vat of oil. But yes, this milestone is just around the corner.

Put it in your diaries now as I expect a plethora of birthday wished on JULY 8! Ok? Good.

Now, I really wanted to cruise on my birthday but with school holidays and all that shizz, I left it till the last minute and the earliest short cruise I could book was August 11. However, I'm totally cool with this because:
  •  I get to celebrate my birthday TWICE 
  •  It's hubby's birthday on the 18th August and this is the perfect 'get-out-of-trying-to-find-a-birthday-gift-for-the-impossible'
  • I love cruising
  • It is cheaper and more enjoyable than any other weekend away for five people ANYWHERE

Win - Win! YAY

I was able to get cabins next door to each other so the hubby and I MIGHT get a bit of alone time? I highly doubt it though as each of my daughters have 'bagsed' dad for a night each, I think they love him more than me. We also got BALCONY rooms this time, which is a first for me.  (Yes, I know I need to be safe and not even attempt to step out - klutz alert).

Now,  I know it's just a short cruise, but any cruise is better than none at all, right?  The kids are excited to go on the Spirit (let's see if they brave the Green Thunder in freezing August weather) and I'm excited to eat. And drink. And eat.

I'd love to hear your experiences on the Spirit and also any must-do experiences. This time, I'm gonna spoil myself with a Spa Treatment I think. What do you reckon?

I have been on the Spirit before, but this was BEFORE the refurb, so I'm excited to see the upgrade and of course to hug Dessi again.

What do you like about the Spirit? What would you like to read about? Any tips and tricks?

44 sleeps AND COUNTING! Can't wait!


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments