Celebrity Captain - Zisis Taramas

By Cruising With Honey - 14:44


Name:                   Zisis Taramas

Position:               Captain

Current ship:       Celebrity Solstice

Cruiseline:           Celebrity Cruises

Can you describe your role as Captain? As captain of a Celebrity ship, it is my duty to look after the safety and well-being of everyone onboard.

What's a typical day like on board?
 My day will always start with a navigational bridge visit early in the morning. After that, I will open my email to answer emails, followed by a whole-ship inspection, starting from the top deck, all the way down to the engine room, along with the ship’s chief engineer and staff captain. At the same time I always like to engage with guests and see how they are enjoying their cruise.
Can you share a favourite cruise moment? 
Whenever I’m out walking the ship during my daily rounds and guests approach me with positive comments and stories about their cruise experience and the friendliness of the crew.

Do you have a favourite cruise or port? 
Alaskan cruises are one of my favorites! The Port of Seattle, Skagway, and Ketchikan are amazing. South Pacific Australian and New Zealand itineraries are also great. There’s Sydney, Tauranga, and Auckland. Also Mediterranean Sea cruises visiting the Greek island of Santorini, Dubrovnik, Croatia, and Nice, France.

Do you have any inside tips for passengers?
 We work every day to ensure our guests feel at home onboard and to ensure they have a memorable experience when they sail with us. Guests should always voice any requests they may have, it will only help our crew make their vacation an even more memorable one.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments