P&O

I don't carry handcuffs to look good

By Cruising With Honey - 11:32



The world is full of amazing people.

I'm constantly fascinated by the vast array of personalities, enamored with getting to know people.

The world is also full of dickheads. People who lack moral fiber, are violent, rude and nasty.

A cruise ship is not immune to dickheads.

If you think of a ship as being a microcosm of society, the majority of passengers are awesome. But, there's going to be one or two dickheads. In my seven cruises, I've only ever come across one dickhead, and unfortunately it was on the Pearl.

Without going into specifics, this individual could have ruined my cruise, but he didn't. I must say, it did shake me up for a few hours, but the situation was dealt with swiftly.

Here is where I sing the praises of the crew aboard the Pearl. And remember, I am not paid by the company and all views I express here are my own.

  • When it comes to matters of safety, every concern/incident is taken extremely seriously
  • My experience was documented by several crew - from the Manger at the Waterfront, security officers, head of security to the Hotel Director
  • I was offered to be moved to another cabin and the safety of my fellow travellers was assured with 24/hr surveillance.

For those of you who don't know, security aboard a cruise ship is taken very seriously. If at ANY time you see, hear or are subject to anything untoward, contact security immediately by calling reception or telling any crew member. Also, if you didn't know, there are security cameras everywhere - for your protection.

And there is a brig. As one of the wonderful security officers told me, the handcuffs he carries aren't to make him look good. If you're a menace on board, he'll use them and you'll get locked up.

I suppose, I'm the kind of person who will never stay quiet where there's an injustice. Sometimes, this isn't always the smartest thing to do, but in my eyes, it's always the right thing to do. If we are to live in a functioning, safe society, speaking up should be second nature.

Oh and P.S, when it comes to domestic violence, he'll never just hit you once.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments