South Pacific Cruise - Day 1 - Pacific Explorer Sea Day

By Cruising With Honey - 00:29


South Pacific Cruise

As I sit in bed, with only the light of the laptop to illuminate my dark cabin, I can honestly report to you all that I’m happy. 

At this very moment, the quiet is only punctuated by the low din of the air conditioner, and the slow, steady soft breaths of Miss 13. My belly is full, my mattress is comfy, and I’m at sea and my soul is at peace.

Despite being lulled gently by the rhythm of the current, I’m keeping my promise to blog every day. So here I go:

Day 1

There’s no sleeping in on Cruise Day, I was just too excited! I headed off to pick up a few more school supplies to donate to the kids of Vanuatu and then back home to be driven to White Bay. As we snaked down to the terminal, the beautiful Pacific Explorer grew bigger and bigger, and the butterflies in my stomach danced a happy jig. Despite the throng of eager passengers, check in was effortless, with the whole process taking about 30 mins. Before we knew it, we were stepping aboard and racing to our cabins!

Cabins

Triple Balcony for Mr Cruising With Honey and two honeybees was quite tight, but clean, bright and very pleasant. Bonus: a massive flat screen.

Twin Oceanview for myself and another honeybee was very spacious, and a real treat for me as I usually have to share the triple.

Once settled, I’ve cruised enough to know that the first call of business was to book our dinner times and restaurants and get our drink packages. I chose the Refreshment ($200 for the entire cruise) and the little ones the unlimited soda ($60 each for the entire cruise). Here’s a tip, book  your preferred free restaurants - Waterfront, Dragon Lady and Angelo’s - all at once. You can always cancel, but it’s peace of mind having getting it all done in one fell swoop. You can make your booking at any of the three restaurants. Oh, I also headed down to the Bonded Store and booked a cocktail making class! Can’t wait for that one.


Lunch at the Pantry (yum) then Muster. And, soon it was Sailaway!


What an absolutely glorious day! My husband has warned me that a Sydney thunderstorm was imminent, but there wasn’t a cloud in sight. The entertainment team was hyping the passengers with their choreographed routine and the decks were alive with music, squeals of laughter and countless Iphones snapping that priceless Sydney Harbour vista. This sailaway also had a new theme, Anchors Aweigh, a refreshing change to the Endless Summer party.

It was time to explore the ship with the family, and the honeybees soon declared the Ocean bar on deck 7 their favourite spot, jumping into the window seats, surrounded by multiple cushions. 

Finally, family time, without any squabbles.


And a cocktail for mum.

After a quick freshen up, it was dinner time, and the Waterfront was my pick for tonight. We were ushered to a beautifully set table right at the back, underneath an artwork that was eerily similar to my dress. 


Entrees consisted of chicken caesar salad, asparagus with quinoa (SO DELICIOUS) and spring rolls from the kids menu. 





Mains selections included pork chop, beef tip (kinda like a cross between a steak and a roast) and a penne pasta with fresh tomato flavours. 





And, as always, I can never resist dessert! Mudcake, pistachio creme brulee with coconut ice cream and a ‘puff’ with white chocolate sauce. Seriously, delicious food, impeccable service and a great variety for adults and kids.






Which brings me to this moment, typing in the semi-darkness, trying to not fall asleep. Tomorrow is another sea day, and I’m hoping to squeeze every minute of fun out of the day. Waterslides, Edge activities, bingo, more eating… 

But for now, more sleeping.

P.S Check out more videos and pics on my Facebook page


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments