High Tea - Holiday Inn Old Sydney

By Cruising With Honey - 23:35


Holiday Inn, Old Sydney - High Tea

Is there anything more indulgent and soothing than a High Tea?
The combination of dainty finger sandwiches, delectable scones and sweet morsels washed down with steaming tea is the epitome of elegance. Add a glass of bubbles and it's hard not to feel like Lady Muck.


One of my most recommended hotels for cruisers to stay in pre or post-cruise, the Holiday Inn, Old Sydney (at the Rocks)  READ MY REVIEW HERE  has just introduced a beautiful experience to fill the void between lunch and dinner. I was lucky enough to be invited to road-test their new offering, and let's just say, I'll definitely be back.

Accompanied by my middle honeybee, we headed up to the Playfair Restaurant, and no sooner were we settled in, steaming pots of our requested tea, (English Breakfast for Eden, Earl Grey for me), were set before us. Soon after, a three-tiered tower spilling over with all manner of yummy treats was placed on our table.

My little one wasn't sure where to start, a little apprehensive that all this was just for the two of us. But, after a nudge from me, she picked up mini-baguette with smoked salmon and started tucking in. 


Working from the bottom up - savoury, scones, sweets - we munched out way through the spread like two hungry caterpillars, gulping down mouthfuls of hot tea in between to cleanse our palates. The lovely waitress brought over a flute of of bubbly for me, and really, I couldn't be happier.



While the High Tea was tasty and filling, the best memory I took away from this experience was sharing this little moment in time with my daughter. Watching her nibble macaroons and heaping whipped cream onto her scone with abandon was just a delight.

So, the next time you're waiting for your cruise ship at Circular Quay, or you've just disembarked, treat yourself to a delicious High Tea, bask in the serenity and enjoy the company of the one you love.


Price: $60 for two - Champagne $10 extra.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments