Meet Lee

By Cruising With Honey - 14:28

 


This much-loved crew member will be the Cruise Director of Carnival Splendor when she arrives in Sydney on 10 December 2019.

Originally from the North West of England (Cumbria), Lee has been working at sea for about five years. He's "delighted" to be returning to Aussie shores having sailed out of Sydney previously on Carnival Spirit and Legend.

Here are the 7 Questions with... Lee!

1) Can you explain what your role is as Cruise Director? What do you love most about your job?

As Cruise Director I am the face and voice of the ship. I like to draw the analogy that it’s a house full of fun and I’m hosting in the Captain’s house! What I love  most about my job is by far the people I meet. Getting to share their holidays and to help them make life long memories.

2) What are the most common questions or requests passengers have asked you as Cruise Director?


The kids often ask if I’m the Captain. The grown-ups tend to ask if I can help them find somewhere to hide so they don’t have to get off when we return to port.

3) What are you most looking forward to sailing from Australia? Have you been here before?

I’ve been in Sydney before and sailed on both Carnival Spirit and Carnival Legend in 2017. I adore docking between the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. I grew up watching Sydney’s NYE Firework displays with my Nanna on the TV. Seeing those landmarks makes me feel strangely close to her, despite them being on the opposite side of the globe from her.

4) What tips do you have for people considering or who have booked a cruise on Carnival Splendor?

Remember Dolly Parton’s 9 to 5. Decks 9 & 5 are the two public decks that you can walk forward to aft (front to back) onboard Carnival Splendor.

Find your dining rooms on the first day – there are TWO onboard Carnival Splendor

Get involved, do everything, see everything and remember to take photos and videos.

5) Can you reveal some inside info on the features Carnival Splendor will receive during dry dock? What are you most excited about?

There have been heaps of exciting things shared already! Carnival is too excited to keep things secret.

I am excited to work alongside a stellar management team, from Captain La Fauci, Duncan Hotel Director, Dessi in the Main Dining Room and Erica as Entertainment Director – I couldn’t have asked for a better team to be a part of. We are bringing some of my favourite Fun Squad hosts with us too!

As for features, having a RedFrog Pub installed and the Masala Tiger Restaurant is right up my street! The new thrill waterslide looks amazing… and I also heard Music Manila is joining us as our resident rock band. 

6) Have you had any tips from crew who have already sailed in Australia on Carnival Spirit or Carnival Legend?
I am one of those crew who have already sailed on both

7) Which destinations are you most excited to visit?
I am delighted to get back to Sydney so I can explore the city on my turnaround days! The Isle of Pines is one of my favourite ports with its white sand, crystal clear waters and snorkelling.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments