MSC

MSC World Europa – The Naming Ceremony

By Cruising With Honey - 18:48


MSC World Europa – Day 4

World Europa’s Naming Ceremony


Fireworks, drones and a spectacular light-projection show and MSC World Europa was officially named.

Never in my wildest could I ever imagine I’d be at such a momentous occasion, among MSC executives, dignitaries and the who’s who of Qatari elite.




I walked the Blue Carpet along Doha's brand new Grand Cruise Terminal, I was mesmerised by my surroundings. Qatar Airways crew lined the walkway as an Arabic calligrapher created beautiful art. An older woman weaved intricate craft and a serene older gentleman built traditional Qatari boat models with his aged hands.

I yearned for time to stand still so I could soak in this moment. The air was festive and guests smiled in their resplendent attire.




Making my way to the media seating, I looked up at the stunning ship which glowed against the inky sky and waited for the formalities to begin.


A class of her own


As the most innovative and environmentally advanced cruise ship in the MSC Cruises fleet, World Europa has made ground-breaking advances in terms of reduction of emissions and energy efficiency.

The LNG-powered ship also paves the way towards the uptake of carbon-neutral synthetic and other alternative fuels as soon as they are available at scale.



Spanning 22 decks, with 215,863 GT’s, 47 metres wide, 40,000 m2 of public space and 2,626 cabins, MSC World Europa offers a veritable world of different experiences.

Oh, What a Night!


The official ceremony was hosted by comedian, producer and entrepreneur, Hamad Al Amari, and we were treated to performance by local artists, a preview of a fabulous show that will be performed on the ship and a light-tastic video-mapping projection onto the ship’s hull.



As the finale approached, international singer-songwriter Matteo Bocelli performed three spine-tingling songs as a mind-blowing drone show lit up the sky.






Afterwards, the Gala Dinner awaited, and the festive atmosphere continued aboard MSC World Europa. Delicious dishes, wonderful drinks and even better company cemented the evening as one of my best ever cruise experiences.




It was in the wee hours of the next morning when I finally head back to my cabin. Reflecting on the night, I smiled as I re-lived all the wonderful moments of this was truly memorable night. 

As I closed my eyes, I thought about how far this humble blog has taken me. 

My dream to cruise and write had come true and I was so privileged to be living this fabulous life.  

World Europa's Upcoming Season


MSC World Europa will spend her inaugural season in the Middle East offering 7-night cruises to Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas Island, UAE, Dammam, Saudi Arabia and Doha, Qatar.

Her season will commence on 20 December with a special 4-night sailing from Doha, Qatar to Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

Departing Dubai on 25 March 2023, MSC World Europa will head to the Mediterranean Sea for summer 2023, she will offer 7-night cruises calling the Italian ports of Genoa, Naples and Messina, as well as Valletta in Malta, Barcelona in Spain and Marseille in France.

Prices start at $514pp (twin share) for a 7-night cruise Barcelona to Barcelona, departing 3 November, 2023 and a 7-night cruise Doha to Doha, departing 26 January, 2023 from $1,064pp (twin share).





  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments