MSC

My Favourite Things Aboard MSC Euribia

By Cruising With Honey - 14:52


My Favourite Things Aboard MSC Euribia

 

Seize the Sea Day


You could spend a month on MSC Euribia and still not experience all this fabulous ship has to offer. Despite being onboard for 5 days, I still felt I had hardly scratched the surface, so my mission on this sea day was to explore. And this is what I uncovered.

Balcony breakfast




Breakfast in bed is a little luxury usually reserved for special occasions. Rarely do we give ourselves that moment to just savour that first sip of coffee and be in the moment. Mornings allow me to give thanks, ask guidance and set my intentions. So, on this sea day aboard MSC Euribia, a soft knock on my cabin door, followed by a tray laden with an array of goodies was the perfect start.

Drawing the heavy curtains, I quickly reassessed staying in bed, and carefully carried my tray to enjoy my breakfast on the balcony. Sea views, hot chocolate, croissant – does it get any better? It’s moments like these that remind me just how special cruising is. On your next MSC cruise, take a leaf out of my book and enjoy at least one breakfast in the sea breeze.

Light it Up 





It’s hard to not be mesmerised by the LED Dome as you walk along the Galleria Euribia on Deck 6. This indoor promenade is lined on either side with restaurants and shops and at different times of the day, it’s used as an entertainment space. The most spectacular thing about the LED display - the longest at sea - is that it changes every day, and many times. Sometimes I'd see  frolicking whales and then in the evening Greek Gods. It was definitely a highlight of the day for me to look up and see the vivid display.

Carousel


There are 21 different places on board MSC Euribia to enjoy delicious cocktails and savour wines from all over the world. But, despite the many options, I did find my favourite and that was Carousel. This space on Deck 7 aft isn’t just a bar, but an entertainment and relaxation area that has the BEST views. 




The selling point for me was the comfortable chairs and lounges. There’s also coffee and a selection of complimentary sweet and savoury small bites to nibble one while sipping a perfectly crafted cocktail.

Lot-sa Mozzarella


It’s hardly surprising when you cruise with MSC that there will be Italian cuisine on board. The Market Place Buffet on Deck 15 is massive and offers so many dishes including traditional Italian pizza. But what I DID find surprising and delightful and delicious and irresistible was the Mozzarella station. MSC Euribia has a dedicated section in the buffet that produces fresh mozzarella every. single. day. 





It is every cheese lover’s dream. I cannot tell you how many squishy, delectable mouthfuls of bocconcini I devoured, but let’s just say that I feared that by the end of the cruise I feared I would transform into one giant, squishy cheesy ball.

Ring to order





While I’m still on the buffet, I have to highlight how impressed I was with the efficiency of ordering drinks. On each table, there is a buzzer device. Simply press the button and within a minute a waitstaff is taking your order. A ship the size of MSC Euribia with 6000 passengers needs to efficiently assign their crew, and this system is fantastic.

Deck names


This is a bit of whimsy and added to the uniqueness of MSC Euribia. Each deck is named after a location and the artwork reflects that place. Here’s a fun fact, Euribia technically has 19 decks, but there is no Deck 17 – it’s bad luck in Italian culture.

For instance, my cabin was on Deck 12 – Rapa Nui – and all the artwork on the hallway walls depicted Easter Island. Very cool.

And there's still more...


These are just some of the features that stuck out for me, and to be honest if I had been cruising in a warmer climate in the Mediterranean, the outdoor pools and hot tubs would most definitely be a favourite. But, I’m a sook and did not brave swimming while we cruised through Norway.





I am kicking myself that I didn’t make time to take a dip in the indoor heated Bamboo Pool, deliciously set at 27 degrees Celsius, but it just means I will have to cruise on board Euribia again.

Every cruise ship has her own personality, something that is unique that imprints on the passenger. Every ship I’ve cruised on has left its indelible mark on me. Euribia is no exception. She’s the cool, sleek celebrity you want as your best friend. She’s the Red Carpet event that dazzles and beckons. She’s the Goddess of the Sea who harnessed the wind and constellations for the curious mariner to revel in a voyage of enchantment and wonderment.



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments