Royal Princess Makes Her Australasian Debut

By Cruising With Honey - 21:37


Royal Princess Makes Her Australasian Debut

I remember the moment I fell in love with cruising. Cruise Director Julie was clutching her clipboard aboard Pacific Princess on The Love Boat. Her hair flicks perfect and her smile radiant as she greeted excited couples in corduroy and glomesh and pointed them in the direction of “Aloha Deck, cabin A110,  just down the hall and to the left.”




Right there, a pig-tailed 8-year-old sitting about 10cms from the TV screen promised herself that one day she’d be aboard a Princess cruise, and make her way to Aloha Deck to embark on something ‘Exciting and new…’

I’ve kept that promise to myself and cruised now several times with Princess – my first ever cruise was on Dawn Princess, and I’ll never forget the excitement of crossing that gangway for the first time. I can now add Coral and Majestic Princess to that list and, in just a day, Royal Princess.

And, would you believe, Royal Princess IS The Love Boat, and has hosted modern weddings at sea for 25 years. On top of this, I’m also staying on Aloha Deck. I’m really going to be the Guest Star in my own episode of my favourite show.

Sometimes life is stranger than fiction.

The Royal Tour Down Under   




Royal Princess has never been to Australia, but the excitement of her arrival has already caused waves of excitement.

To say I feel super special to be aboard Royal Princess as she glides into Sydney Harbour for the first time is an understatement. She has been on a long voyage, departing Vancouver on 25 September, stopping at exotic ports including Hawaii, Moorea, French Polynesia, Papeete and then crossing the International Dateline.

Tomorrow, 18 October she will arrive in Tauranga, New Zealand – her first NZ port 
– then Auckland 19 October (where I will board) and she’ll make her third NZ port call the day after to the Bay of Islands before crossing the Tasman to sail into Sydney on 23 October.

And what I sight that will be! You know I will be livestreaming on my Facebook page that historic moment for you all to enjoy.




This is the first time Princess will have two Royal-Class ships homeported in Sydney as Royal Princess joins sister ship, Majestic Princess. 

During her time here, from October 23, 2023 through to April 6, 2024, she will sail on 14 voyages including one Queensland cruise, nine New Zealand cruises, two Tasmanian voyages and two South Pacific cruises. 

Princess will cruise New Zealand more than any other cruise line this 2023/24 summer season.

Christened by a real Princess




Did you know that Royal Princess was christened by HRH Princess of Wales, Catherine Middleton on 13 June, 2013? The original ship with this name, the 1984 built Royal Princess, was christened by Diana Princess of Wales. I must remember to pack my tiara…

Facts and Features




  • This is Royal Princess’ inaugural summer season in Australasia

  • Royal Princess was the first MedallionClass ship in the Princess fleet and was also the first Royal-Class ship built in 2013

  • Royal Princess features the stunning SeaWalk, an over-the-ocean glass walkway that hovers 39 metres above water and extends 8.5 metres beyond the ship's edge.

  • TrulyTouchless embarkation and disembarkation

  •  Personalised Cruise Dining with Dine My Way

  • MedallionNet WiFi

  • Royal Princess is a near identical sister to Majestic Princess.

The numbers

  • 3560 Guests

  • 1780 rooms

  • 1346 Crew

  • Length: 330m

  • Gross Tonnage: 142,229 GT

  • 19 Decks, 11 restaurants, 9 bars & lounges; 2 main pools, Enclave + Lotus Spa area + the Retreat Pool area.

More surprises to discover


I can’t reveal too much now, so you’ll just have to follow my journey and then start planning your own Princess cruise while Royal Princess is here in Australia. I can hear the crew and Captain Andrea already singing, “come aboard, we’re expecting you.”

Gotta go pack….




Cruising With Honey will be hosted aboard Royal Princess from Auckland to Sydney from 19 October to 23 October, 2023.






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments