Oceania Cruises' Vista - A Floating World of Sumptuous Delight

By Cruising With Honey - 02:19



Oceania Cruises' Vista  - a floating world of  sumptuous delight


How can a ship with this much marble traverse the oceans with such effortlessness?

There are moments in life where you are so dazzled that your breath is literally taken away. I’ve had many of these experiences; when I saw my first iceberg in Antarctica, standing next to the Great Pyramids of Giza and swimming with stingrays in the crystal-clear waters of French Polynesia.

And, now I can add another of these dazzling moments to my memory bank, stepping aboard Oceania Vista.

I’ve cruised on large ships, small ships, brand new and also older ships, all have their unique qualities and features. Vista, the newest ship to join the luxury brand Oceania Cruises has elevated my preconceptions of luxury cruising.

Now luxury is an oft-overused word, and is subjective. For me, luxury cruising is an overabundance of elegance and understated style that transports the guests to an absolute sense of relaxation.

This was my first cruise aboard Oceania Cruises, a showcase 2-nighter from LA to Ensenada Mexico and my expectation was high. The cruiseline markets itself to the discerning traveller who values modern spaces with a high level of service. I was dipping my toes into the unknown, excited to be experience the Oceania Cruises difference for myself

A centrepiece of  impressive illumination





First impressions are always lasting, and Oceania Vista certainly made an incredible impression on me. 

Firstly, a clean, fresh aroma engulfed my senses, followed very closely with the striking staircase. Illuminated by what seemed like a thousand beams of lights, it stood grand and inviting. Marble and crystal converged in a breathtaking functional work of art. But this was just the beginning, and I was excited to explore further.

Dining in extravagant surroundings



Very rarely do I see a dining room on a ship that resemble a grand ballroom. Without exaggeration, I was stunned by the Grand Dining Room, the main dining room on Vista. Expansive, elegant, glamorous and so very elegant. The table settings were exquisite with no expense spared, the artwork enthralling and the ambience utterly luxurious. Sylish accets of yellow tones, crisp linen and captivating chandeliers. I couldn’t wait to indulge in meal in this palatial setting.


Vista features several eateries, including The Terrace Café on Deck 12, also known as the buffet. Also on Deck 12 is Waves Grill which continues the buffet but also served light meals such as pizzas and sandwished. Then there an Asian-themed restaurant, Red Ginger on Deck 5 and the more casual and contemporary American-style restaurant Ember also on Deck 5.  




Also on Deck 12 was the Aquamar Kitchen which serves healthier options such as smoothies, juices and avocado toast. This was definetley a crowd pleaser and was packed every morning. The Bakery on Deck 14 serves superb barista coffee and pastries and Toscana on Deck 14 which is opens for dinner has authentic Italian cuisine.



As I was only onboard for two nights, I dined in the Grand Dining Room where tucked into caviar and lobster and the upmarket Polo Club, Oceania Cruises steak house which was truly a sumptuous experience. 
Oceania Cruises has elevated cruise ship dining to a tantalising and memorable experience, guaranteeing cruises dishes and service that is some of the best at sea. 

Rooms lifted from the pages of designer magazines



Stepping into my ‘home’ for two nights, I was transported into a world of tranquillity and comfort. The linen, the storage spaces and the colours had been expertly curated to create a plush and elegantly understated ambiance.

But, the standout for me was the bathroom. Again, more marble, an over-abundance of storage, an expansive shower and, for the icing on the cake, Bulgari toiletries. I did not expect designer toiletries in a standard balcony cabin, but I suppose that is the Oceania Cruises difference. It’s these extra touches that differentiate the brand from other luxury cruise brands.

Expertly designed outdoor spaces



A cruise ship is not complete without a pool area, complete with relaxing lounges, spas and large screens to allow passengers to idle the day, soaking in the rays and sea views.

Vista’s outdoor spaces are an extension of the stylish interior. The main pool on Deck 12 also features two large hot tubs. A variety of lounges and enclaves allows passengers to slip into total relaxtion.

Up on Deck 15 – on the Aquamar Spa Terrace -  is a large hydrotherapy pool for Concierge class guests or if you have booked a spa treatment. Situatet at the front of Visata, this was my favouite area as it provided expansive views of the sea.
 

Unique features for the artistic traveller



Have you ever been on a ship that offers cruiser a space to create art? The art loft offer cruisers the chance to take part in honing their skills in a large workshop by taking a 90-minute art course. As I was only in board for a short time, I didn’t have the chance to sample this unique experience, but I can imagine during a longer cruise how appealing it would be to not only be immersed by the art but be guided by expert teachers. 




I’d be remiss in not mentioned the huge collection of artworks around the ship. At every turn there a piece to entice and spark the imagination.

A ship of complete luxury 




Vista is the epitome of luxury cruising. It certainly was an extravagant, albeit short voyage, but it gave me a glimpse of what Oceania Cruises offers cruisers who enjoy the finer things in life.

From the glamorous surroundings, beautifully appointed cabins, the indulgent cuisine and not to mention the expertly crafted cocktails, this newest addition to Oceania Cruises fleet will not leave any fussy cruiser unsatisfied. Rather, Vista will captivate all who sail on her, luring cruisers to embark again and again, craving to be immersed once again in this magical floating world.





* I was the guest of Oceania Cruises for the two-day showcase cruise from Los Angeles to Mexico. 


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments