Celestyal Journey - Time to Cruise to the Stars

By Cruising With Honey - 16:56

Celestyal Cruises

Of all the destination I’ve cruised, this one, starting in a few hours has been THE one I’ve been waiting for my whole life.

And when I tell you the planning for this cruise has been nearly two years in the making, I am not exaggerating. I’m almost afraid to tempt fate writing this blog with the cruise commencing in a few hours, but unless there is a natural disaster, I’ll be crossing that gangway very soon.



Who is Celestyal Cruises


Some of you might have heard of this cruise line, others may have not. What drew me to Celestyal were three features: The itineraries, the excursions and the hospitality.

Itineraries


As a Greek cruise line, the focus is on showcasing the beautiful islands. They have regional expertise and have numerous options ranging from 3 nights to 19 nights, exploring the Aegean and Ionians seas BUT also an exciting 3 Continent Cruise – the one I’ll be embarking on today!

Note: Due to recent events in Israel, Celestyal have made the necessary updates to their itineraries by temporarily cancelling the call into Israel.

Excursions


Celestyal Cruises prides itself with offering guests authentic, immersive experiences. Recently they released a new, small group shore experience program – Authentic Encounters – offering intimate, immersive and hands-on shore excursions that allow guests to go deeper into a destination and pursue personal passions such as food and wine; art and archaeology; culture and active adventure pursuits. I am VERY excited to take you all along with me as these excursions are exactly what I love about cruising – having an authentic, immersive shore day.


And I’m GOING TO SEE THE PYRAMIDS. This is my ultimate travel bucket list, and just writing these words makes me incredibly emotional. Be ready for Egypt-spam!


Hospitality


There’s something about Greek hospitality that is all consuming and all loving. I know once I step on board the ship, I will feel at home. And, I have very high expectations of the food on board. But more of that once I get my eating on…

On a Journey



In September, Celestyal’s newest ship Celestyal Journey was launched. It’s a very exciting addition to the fleet and boasts incredible features, including:

  • An exclusive Stargazer Suite - the first Celestyal penthouse suite offering a luxury cruising experience
  • 148 balcony suites – more Dream Suites than ever before
  • Seven specialty dining experiences, including the private chef’s table, live cooking demonstrations, Asian cuisine at Pink Moon, Greek grazing at Fig and Honey, and fresh Mediterranean bites from Smoked Olive
  • Eight bars and lounges including a decadent champagne bar and indulgent wine cellars
  • Two pools, an entire deck dedicated to wellness and the immersive Sozo Spa
  • A curated and immersive range of experiences highlighting local influence, both on board and on shore
  • Two fully equipped conference spaces and multi-purpose Amphitheatre.

It all sounds AMAZING, especially the Fig and Honey eatery. I think it might have been named after me…

A family affair


I’m going to try and not spend every waking moment on this cruise obsessing about my daughter and taking eleventy-hundred photos but it’ll be very difficult. She might confiscate my phone and need ‘time-out’ from me but THIS will be the ultimate Mother-Daughter Trip of a Lifetime.

I have three incredible daughters and I try to take them on cruises separately where we can spend quality time and make memories. The last time my middle daughter Eden and I cruised alone together was December 2019 to Papua New Guinea. 

Now, this is the weird part; we will be cruising on the SAME ship we did to PNG (albeit dramatically updated) with Celestyal. 

She’s just finished school and we found out yesterday that she has been offered a place to study history at uni next year. This cruise has been curated for her! I am beyond excited to take this Journey with her.

Shoot for the stars

We’ve had three incredible days in Athens (check out my updates on Facebook and Instagram but the taxi should be here soon. I have time for one more Café Freddo and then it’s time to cruise. I wish I could bottle this feeling and pour a little out every time I’m missing the sea.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments