Nathan Foley - Cruise Ship Entertainer

By Cruising With Honey - 14:32

 BREAKING NEWS! NATHAN IS ON THE VOICE 3 June


The Voice Australia 

Here's his Blind Audition

Nathan Foley 

Cruise Ship Entertainer



I met Nathan Foley many, many years ago. But, he didn't meet me until this year...

Now before you think I'm a massive stalker, let me explain. His smiling face, big sparkly eyes and colourful dance moves kept me entertained for hours. He made me one very happy new mum. You see, with three babies under three, anyone that could keep the darling little angels quiet for more than 20 mins was my hero. 

Hi 5 was my saving grace and saved my sanity.

So, when I actually met Nathan in person on Pacific Explorer in January, I couldn't wait to run over to him and thank him. Yes, he kinda looked a bit scared with my over-zealousness, but he was gracious and humble.

AND so bloody talented. His show was so incredible.  Anyway, he agreed to be interviewed, and here it is:

1) Why did you decide to work at sea?

My current agent  (who wasn’t my agent back then) contacted me nine years ago asking if I’d be interested in singing on ships. He'd told me they had been watching my career since I was 10 and would love to represent me.  My first ship was P&O’s Pacific Dawn. 

2) Can you reveal some inside information about what it's like to be be a performer on cruise ship? 

Cruising is an amazing experience, I have the best of both worlds where I have the opportunity of seeing the world and also fulfilling my passion as an entertainer - there’s no job like it in the world.
I've also made many friends with crew on board and many great international friendships along the way.



3) Can you share some of the best and the worst experiences?
 

I think the worst experience is being away from my family and friends, but the worst at sea experience is bad weather. I think it was the third cruise I ever did many years ago and the swells were so bad that I could actually count to 15 seconds as the ship rose then dropped. Luckily I don’t suffer sea sickness but oh boy, it wasn’t fun. During that cruise, 90% of the passengers were sick and had to congregate in the mid ship area where the swells weren’t as bad. To make matters worse they asked me to do a show in the mid ship area for the passengers! It certainly was an experience I’ll never forget.

4) What has surprised you the most about working at sea?
 

I think the thing that I’m in constant awe of is how something so huge like a ship can float with all its crew and passengers on board. I know it’s all logical but still amazes me. 

5)What do you miss most when you're on cruise? 

Definitely my family, my vehicles and most of all, my bed.
 
6) How would you describe the quality of entertainment at sea? What's the biggest misconception about being a cruise ship entertainer? 

I think people that don’t or haven't cruised think that it’s like the Love Boat with that old school tacky cabaret feel. They are unaware that times have changed and the quality of entertainment is second to none. It’s Vegas at sea. 

7) Can you share your favourite port and favourite ship?

My favourite ship would be the Regal Princess, it’s huge, the crew are amazing and the food is just yum. My fave port is Princess Cays in the Bahamas, which is really Eleuthera Island. Beyond the Princess Cays port, you can hike an hour inland to find the most beautiful untouched beaches. 

Keep up-to-date with Nathan on his social media channels:


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments