My Viking Story

By Cruising With Honey - 19:33



My Viking Story

I’ve watched the ads on TV, followed their social media posts and drooled over the brochures, never imagining that one day I’d be sailing aboard Viking Cruises. I mean, that’s why we have dreams, yes?

Fairytale images of gliding along the River Danube, past castles and serene countryside was something I yearned to do, one day, some day.

But, somehow I was sitting at the gate at Sydney airport waiting to board my flight to Budapest to embark on this same fairytale. The stars aligned and the wonderful team at Viking invited me to experience their ships to share with all of you.

How could I possibly turn that down?

Covid testing and flights

Since my first cruise this year – Fiji in January – travel restrictions have continued to ease. And for me, this was a relief. No PCR negative test before boarding flights, no testing required to board the ship. It’s a sign of the times that indeed travel is back and the we must all live with the virus.

I was flying Qatar airways and masks were still mandatory for the flights, but this was a small price to pay to travel.

The Cruise

While there are numerous voyages to choose from, my upcoming cruise will be an 8-day cruise along the Danube, Romantic Danube. Starting in Budapest, Hungary and travelling to Regensberg, Germany. 

I can hardly believe that I’ll be visiting three countries I’ve never been to before – Hungary, Austria and Germany. The scenery, art, history, food, architecture and culture was so enticing!

Come Cruising With Honey




So, here I sit, waiting for my flight and thrilled to have this opportunity. Join me on this voyage of discovery and beauty, I can’t wait for you all to come Cruising With Honey with Viking.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments