MSC

MSC World Europa – Day 2

By Cruising With Honey - 15:03





MSC World Europa – Day 2

Breaking Fast


There are so many things that I’m grateful for when cruising, but without hesitation, having food prepared for me is probably one of, if not, the thing that I’m most grateful for.

Food has always been my love language, and like many people, I enjoy preparing meals to serve my family and friends. But we all need a break, and cruising offers me the luxury of sitting back and enjoying many, many meals. And, as I’ve said before, I’ve had some of the best meals of my life at sea.

Waking up with a grumble in my stomach, I headed up to explore the Il Mercato Buffet (Deck 18). I was greeted by friendly crew at the door and entered the chic restaurant. The warm timber decor was inviting, and I headed over to the wash basins to clean my hands. The buffet has two sides, however only one side was open as both were not necessary, I’m guessing due the number of passengers currently aboard.




You know that moment when you just know your eyes will eat more than your stomach and you wish you could somehow fit more than humanly possible in your tummy space? Well this one of those moments. Here are some of the highlights:


• The restaurant is massive. There was no shortage of tables and booths.

• Ideal location on Deck 18 (aft). The doors head out to the deck. A plus when wanting a quick meal or snack after sitting out enjoying the pool.

• Most stations are served. Only a few dishes are self-service.

• The selection is huge. From all the traditional Western dishes to Middle Eastern, Asian and Indian offerings.

• Numerous drink stations – however crew will approach you very shortly after you’re seated to bring you your drink of choice. I had a fresh apricot juice every morning.

• The crew/servers/waitstaff are very efficient, very friendly and there are so many smiling faces to wish you a good day.

Everything was delicious, the right temperature and I was constantly amazed at the different dishes. No two days were the same, with delicacies enticing me to just try one more bite. As cruise ship buffets go, I rate Il Mercato very high.

The food journey continues





Boarding World Europa at night I was eager to see this shiny new ship in the shiny day light. Instead of trying to see everything in one day, I thought that I’d split it up into categories, and today was Restaurant Exploration Day. Like most, if not all cruise ships these days, MSC World Europa features both included (complimentary) and speciality restaurants.

As this was a special event, everything was included for the invited guests. All meals, all drinks, all everything. Talk about being spoilt! But, despite all my best intentions, I just knew that with 13 restaurants and 20 bars and lounges I couldn’t experience it all. Luckily, there was the genius idea to put on Daily Tasting at the speciality restaurants.




Specialty restaurants


• Hola! Tacos & Cantina – Deck 7. Fresh, vibrant, colourful. Mexican and Latin American dishes. Loved the fresh fruit drink selection, the artwork and the fun vibe WATCH MY LIVESTREAM HERE




• The Butcher’s Cut – Deck 7. Steakhouse with a warm, inviting ambiance. I also met my favourite chef here. Michael is fabulous. I had the best filet mignon - mouth watering and indulgent. Also has a huge wine selection. WATCH MY LIVESTREAM HERE and HERE




• Chef’s Garden Kitchen – Deck 8. Scandinavian-inspired gastronomy. Absolutely awe-inspiring seasonal cooking and hydroponic microgreens grown and harvested on board. WATCH MY LIVESTREAM HERE




• La Pescaderia – Fish Market – Deck 8. A wide selection of seafood and mezze, set in a casual, nautical-inspired eatery. There's also has an al-fresco area. WATCH MY LIVESTREAM HERE

• Kaito tepanyaki and sushi bar - Deck 7. If you love sushi and Japanese nosh, this hits the spot. I was gob smacked at the size of my meal. WATCH MY LIVESTREAM HERE



Included restaurants


Was there any way I could somehow evolve in the next 12 hours as I would really like a second stomach. Ugh. There were so many eateries still to try, and each had something unique to offer. Here are just some of the other places I (over) filled my tummy:


• Luna Park Pizza & Burger – Deck 6. If pizza and soft focaccia and wings and burgers and pretzels and nuggets and hotdogs are your jam, this place hits the spot. And the best thing about this place is that it is open super late. One night I fell asleep at 7pm, only to wake past midnight. I then proceeded to stuff my face with the best pizza ever. WATCH MY LIVESTREAM HERE





• La Foglia restaurant – Deck 5. One of the main dining rooms, there were a few teething problems the first night with service, but that’s totally understandable for a new ship which as yet hasn’t had any passengers. The food however was inventive and great portion sizes. I loved the fresh quinoa tabbouli.




• Pizza and Grill – Grab and GO – Deck 18. Don’t feel like a sit-down meal? Conveniently located by the main pool, it’s a great place to have a bite. The best thing is the included gelato bar. Yum!





After a full day of eating, the only thing left to do was to dive into the beckoning pool for a refreshing swim, enjoy the glorious sunset and try to sleep a little earlier than usual.

Jet lag was still throwing me off a bit, so a restful night was the best thing for this very spoiled lady. I fell asleep thinking about the delights of the day I’d savoured, and saying another prayer of gratitude and thanking all the hands that went into preparing all the food. l was quite satisfied.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments