P&O

You are the sunshine of my life!

By Cruising With Honey - 12:33


If you don't know what a tender is, it's a little boat that takes you off a big boat to drop you off to a place you can only get to by boat.

As we prepared to get off at our first port stop, Mooloolaba (try spelling that when you're a little tipsy) the swell was not cooperating. Sweaty, cranky cruisers were lining up in the lower decks with their little stubs waiting for their number to be called. Luckily, I somehow was given priority disembarkation (thank you kind crew) so I sailed past a few hundred red-faced people flashing my pink cards. I didn't find out till much later that many passengers did not get off Eden until 2pm! I felt somewhat guilty (truly) that we had such a glorious day on the beach. (You can check out the happy snaps).

Once we got back aboard, I heard MANY people complain about having their port day cut short (and for some non-occurring) BUT - and remember all these views are my own - the Captain has the passengers' safety as his FIRST priority. The swell was quite high and getting on and off the tenders can be quite dangerous. I was watching this sweet older lady trying to clamber aboard and it was quite scary to be honest. It took the woman about 20 mins - she was kinda doing a slow cha-cha (one step forward, two steps back).

Anyway, time to get ready for the White Party (yes, I bought my sexy hubby white chinos. Who wants to bet $20 he'll wear them?)




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments